September 25, 2013

Palaces and Parties

After eating out all over the city and shopping way too much, we all decided it was about time for some culture. We set our alarms and after a hectic sprint to Buckingham Palace, we queued up to tour the palace! It was amazing how much gold was inside this place. I swear, if I had a penny for every gold object I saw- silverware, walls, ceilings, tables, jewelry- I would be loaded. But it was especially cool because it was the 60th anniversary of Queen Elizabeth II's coronation, so there was a giant exhibit on her coronation. We got to see her crown and robes and lots of footage of the event. It would have been cool to be able to see the rest of the house, but it was still nice to be able to go inside!


After learning a little history, it was time to put on our dancing shoes again! UCL held an orientation party at a HUGE club in London, KOKO. It is an old theatre that has been transformed into a club, and it's unlike any other place I've been before! It was a little weird because everyone there was a fresher (what the British call freshmen), but it was still fun to dance with my friends!!


x
lizzie

No comments:

Post a Comment