September 26, 2013

Regent's Park

After indulging in anything I could get my hands on this week (the food's a lot better in London than people say), I decided it was time I go for a run. I knew there was a park pretty close to my flat, so I followed my map to Regent's Park. Turns out, this is my favorite place on earth.

At the beginning of my run, I found myself in some weird flower/fountain garden. It was really long and narrow, but running by it and the people sitting on benches was beautiful. Continuing on, I ran through the middle of a giant, open field, with two football pitches on either side of my path. Only one field was being used though, and it looked like a rugby team doing practice drills. The path continued, and I was running next to the London Zoo. I saw multiple school field trips, camels, giraffes, and zebras! Not a typical run! I went around a bend and came across another field, but this one was much, much bigger than the last. Tiny British boys were practicing football everywhere and I was immediately brought back to my own soccer practices as a little girl. They were adorable and they all were wearing football jerseys of professional teams.

Later, I walked through Queen Mary's Gardens. I could tell the plants were already starting to die a little since fall is setting in, but it was still beautiful. There were different colored roses everywhere, hundreds of other flowers I didn't know the names of, multiple ponds, waterfalls, basically anything beautiful you can think of was in this garden. I spent probably twenty minutes just walking around and looking at everything. It was incredible.

After that, I ran to the park exit and down Euston street, right back to my flat! Easily the best run I have ever been on. I think it's safe to say that will not be the last time I go to Regent's Park. Here are some pictures I took on my run/walk!!

x
lizzie










1 comment: