October 6, 2013

Borough Market


Yesterday I went to the Borough Market with five of my friends! I've been told by a countless number of friends that this was a place I HAD to go, so I went!!

It was a lot bigger than I thought it was. I had only seen pictures of the main walkway, so I thought the set up was pretty straightforward. Turns out, that place is a maze. Catherine, Hailey and I tried to meet up with Rachel, Alexa and Taylor for about thirty minutes, continuously failing to adequately describe where we were in the market. I think one of the sections I liked the most was what I called "cheeseland." Underneath every tent were beautiful cheeses stacked on top of each other. All of the vendors had delicious tasters, and I probably tried twenty different cheeses, each better than the one before. It was heaven.

The prepared foods section was really cool. I saw the weirdest foods being served and Hailey got the most delicious "cheese sandwich" I've ever tasted. I forgot what the stand was called but they had these weird fire machines that were long metal strips with fire coming out of the bottom of them. Massive cheese blocks were placed under the fires and the cheese would melt off onto bread to make sandwiches. So weird, so cool, so delicious.


One thing I noticed is that everywhere you turned, you could see at least one stand selling fresh juices. We probably passed ten juicing stands, all spread out throughout the entire market. Each vendor was making different combinations of juices and they were beautiful. I wanted to get one but didn't. Catherine did though, and hers tasted great!


I got two drinks with Hailey- a glass of cider and a cup of Prosecco wine spritzer (recommended by Marshall). Both were great, but if I had to get one of them when I go back next time, I would probably get the Prosecco. Next to the Prosecco stand was a sangria stand, which looked equally as yummy, but I passed on that one. Additionally, I had some great spinach ravioli.

Hailey with her prosecco!

 It was a really fun day and afterwards we all went back to my flat and booked tickets to Berlin!! We're going for a week next month and I can't wait! I can assure that there will be a great blog post dedicated to it, maybe even more than one!

With that, I'll leave you with some random pictures I took that didn't necessarily have anything to do with what I talked about in this post. Later!

x
lizzie

 


No comments:

Post a Comment